Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Crafty Monkey

Christmas is right around the corner! I can't believe it! Nothing is better then home made Christmas decorations. I know, they're kind of tacky, but they're made with love! The same can't be said for those expensive made in China decos you can get every where. Although, for the amount of glue used in this project, it may have been cheaper to just go and buy some decorations at Target lol. Do you see the mound of glue he's got going on there?
 It was great to talk to him about Christmas while we were doing this. He wanted to know why his tree had a star and our tree had a princess. Good question. The truth of the matter is, Mommy's Cricut cartridge didn't have an angel, only a star. Take what you can get.
God bless his preschool teachers. Even more, God bless their glue budget! I think he would have tried to use the whole darn container if I didn't stop him. Rude, I know! What's even worse, I sucked some of the glue back into the bottle! The horror!
 The finished product! He was pretty proud of his tree. It went on the fridge until daddy got home, then we needed to put it in a window. It took a few tries to get this picture. Every time I would ask him to look at me and smile, he would put the tree in front of his face.
I designed everything on my cricut craftroom software and then just cut it all out at once. I really enjoy the software, you can see where everything is going to be, so you only have to load your mat once. It's a real time saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment